Tuesday, May 31, 2016


The Bambi skirt

I actually made this quite a while ago. The fabric I bought about some 2 years ago, before I even had a sewing machine.





Looking at it after so long, I didn't like it so much anymore. I did like the fabric in itself, it is cute, but i couldn't figure what i could make out of it and not to look too baby-ish. So I decided for this skirt after a pattern from the Zelfgemaakte Kleertjes 2 book, with golden piping to bring a spark in it.
One minus point for such skirts with pokets or very clear symetry on little girls is that they twist and never stay alligned on the middle. The plus point is that it is an elaborated pattern and a bit of challenge is bringing some salt and pepper in the process of making something.
Ekaterina likes it because it's fluffy and it has "Bambi" so the effort was not in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment