Friday, June 3, 2016

Fairies garden 



I stilll hope sumer will eventually come to Belgium this year so the girls will be able to wear all the summer dresses I'm planning to make out of the beautiful summer fabrics I have stashed.


Today I just finished this fairy dress for Ekaterina.


The fabric I bought in the Stoffenstraat shop in Kasterlee which remains one of my favourite places to buy fabric and it's a Michael Miller design. It has some subtle silver glitter accents. Also, around the waist I made a belt of a thin ribbon with a pattern of tiny frosty sequins. The dress is all lined with a super thin and soft white cotton fabric which used to be a scarf.


The pattern is the Lisa dress from the Zelfgemaakte Kleetjes book, also a favourite.
I took my attention for detail to a next level and managed to let the print run continously around the skirt, so no half fairies:


Today, just after I finished it, I also made a tule underskirt for it. It can be worn with or without it, The skirt is totally an apart piece. 


No comments:

Post a Comment