Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Almost back to school!   







From time to time it feels good to go (back) to the basics. It gives you that "I can easily make this" feeling. You don't depend on the visits to the "cheap rubbish made by 5-years_olds on a boat" store anymore. At least you get the illusion you are more independent.

I started with these turtlenecks. I'm in love with turtlenecks since I was a teenager. You know, it was the beginning of the nineties...

The pattern is an adaptation of a basic t-shirt I found on this blog scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom . She's so nice as to post lots of really handy patterns and tutorials, all for free. There are also some good non-sewing diy ideas on that blog.

I'm moving on now to some leggings, another useful basic when school starts. I drafted and made a couple of test ones, to check the fit. I know this one is not very tight, this is how I like them. There are 4-5 more of them to follow, in different prints and colors. Here is she with her new leggings:






Aaand in the process of drafting,  I screwed one pair. It was meant for Ekaterina, because Emilia has already heaps of leggings and jeans, but I overestimated the stretch of the fabric so she could hardly pull them on. This is how Emilia got an unplanned pair of "boyfriend's jeans" (big sister's jeans, in her case) which are not at all like they should be, but she likes them so they will be great for playing in the garden.






UPDATE:


While I was busy posting this, the girls went out in the garden to play. It took only maximum 10 minutes : this is how Emilia's jeans look now:






And here are Ekaterina's leggings, AFTER rinsing:








I think I underestimated again. 3-4 leggings is nothing. I think we need more like 10-15. At least.


No comments:

Post a Comment