Thursday, May 18, 2017

Undies again!

This is it, I got myself a coverlock machine! And a coverlock has to be tested. 
I got an Elna Easy Cover. I am not so pleased with the machine itself, although everybody says it is a very good one. It skips stitches when I stitch an elastic trim over a seam. It just sews perfectly until it gets to the seam. I called at the shop and they told me that all the home coverlocks have this problem, some sort of "if you want better, get yourself an industrial one". And that most people fix the skipped stitches by hand. I did that too, but that was not in plan when I payed 700 euro for the machine. I am waiting now for the last solution: water soluble embroidery paper to put under the problem areas. If that will not work, than nothing does.
Neverthless, a sewing machine has to be fed, and they like to feast on fabric. So I fed it and this are the first results.
The first 2 undies are made with a pattern from Ottobre, and this pattern fits my girls very well.

This last one I made for Emilia and used a pattern from Niki . This is a very good pattern for a rounder girl but it is sagging on my very skinny little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment